When you have your own property website, it is important to track the performance so that you understand what is going well and what can be improved. Your BookingSuite website BackOffice offers analytics features and you may want to set up Google Analytics (GA) tracking for your website as well.
With Google Analytics, you can track detailed performance metrics of your website, such as:
- The number of visits to your website
- The percentage of new vs. returning visitors
- How long visitors stay on each page of your website
- The locations from where you receive traffic
Here's how to get started ...
First, you will need to get your Google Analytics tracking code:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account
- Click Admin at the top of the page.
- Click Tracking Info within the Property section.
- Click Tracking Code from the drop-down menu.
- Copy the Tracking ID (ex. UA-XXXXX-YY)
Once you have copied the Universal Analytics (UA) code, you will then need to:
- Log in to your BookingSuite Backoffice
- Go to Settings > Website
- Scroll down to the section called Google Analytics Tracking Info and paste the Tracking ID you copied earlier into the empty text box
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Click Publish at the top of the webpage in order to enable Google Analytics tracking on your website
* Please note, this is meant for Universal Analytics only. This will not include Cross Domain Tracking, Ecommerce Tracking, etc. Also, the data shown on your analytics dashboard may not exactly match your Google Analytics account, as BookingSuite uses a different data source to track your website's traffic.