Meta descriptions are descriptions that appear under a search engine result page in black text. While, meta descriptions are no longer a ranking factor, but they’re still an incredibly important aspect of on-page optimization. They’re the first introduction potential customers get with your brand, so it pays to get them right.
In our BackOffice, the system automatically fills in the Page Description section for you. However, you may edit the Page Description (Meta Description) to make it more specific. Go to CONTENT – PAGES. Click on the button EDIT next to the page you are interested in. Then click on CONFIGURE and fill in the Page Description section. See image below.
Here are some aspects to consider when writing your meta description:
- Make sure each meta description on your website is unique and original
- Write no more than 150 characters
- Write complete sentences with correct spelling and punctuation
- Do not spam or over optimize
- Be compelling! Give searchers a reason to click on your website over one of your competitors